019 O-Ring, Buna-N, 90A Durometer, 13/16″ ID, 15/16″ OD, 1/16″ Width, Black (Pack of 1000)
- Made of Buna-nitrile (also called Buna-N) for use with a variety of fluids from petroleum to aliphatic hydrocarbons
- Meets standards defined by Aerospace Standard AS568A
- Durometer (hardness) of 90A
- For use across a wide temperature range from -40 degrees F (-40 degrees C) to 212 degrees F (100 degrees C)
- Round cross-section provides a seal between cylindrical overlapping surfaces
Sold：300 Wished: 92 Followed: 83
This O-ring is made of black Buna-nitrile (Buna-N) and has a durometer of 90A. It has a round cross-section and can be used across a wide temperature range (-30 degrees F/-34 degrees C to 250 degrees F/121 degrees C). Designed for use in a wide variety of sealing applications, this Buna-nitrile O-ring meet standards defined by Aerospace Standard AS568A, which is the Aerospace Size Standard for O-rings.
Buna-nitrile can have high tensile strength, and has abrasion, tear, and compression set resistance. It is compatible for use with petroleum, hexafluoroacetone (HFA), hexafluoro-2-butyne (HFB) and hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) fluids, vegetable oil, alcohol, acids, and aliphatic hydrocarbons. Buna-nitrile is vulnerable to acetone, ethers, esters, ozone, sunlight and weathering, and should not be used in ozone-generating electric motors, welding equipment, or in applications with exposure to UV light.
The durometer hardness of this Buna O-ring is 90A. Durometers measure the hardness of a material and its resistance to permanent indentation. A higher durometer value indicates greater resistance to indentation. On a scale of 0 to 100, a value of 0 indicates that a sample was completely penetrated, while a value of 100 shows no indentation in the sample. The letter following the number identifies the shore scale, which is either shore A or D. Shore A is used for softer plastics, while shore D is used for harder plastics.
O-rings provide a pressure and fluid seal between cylindrically shaped, overlapping mating surfaces and are commonly seen in engines, faucets, flanges, valves, and various cylinders. They are circular in shape, with a round cross section, and a hole in the center, similar to a doughnut. O-rings are available in various AS568A dash sizes, which is the standardized sizing for O-rings, and defines the nominal inside diameter (ID), outer diameter (OD), and cross-sectional (CS) diameter of an O-ring.
Sterling Seal and Supply has served the industrial community for over 50 years.
- Dedicated to Your Success- Built on guiding principles of innovation, leadership, and creating value for customers, we are highly skilled distribution service experts who specialize in providing standard and customized sealing solutions.
- Our Commitment- Customer success is matched only by our knowledge and experience in developing sealing solutions for a wide range of static and dynamic industrial applications. We offer one of the world’s most extensive and readily available line of shaft seals, O-rings, fluid power seals, HVAC furnace filters, gaskets, Teflon Round Rod, and much more.
We serve a wide variety of commercial customers in the Automotive, Chemical, Food & Beverage, Healthcare, and Petroleum industries. Our products meet some of the most stringent standards and are utilized within the government sector around the globe, operating in Space, Land, Sea, and Air.